Special Thai Chicken with Chilies
– 2 tblsp oil
– 4 Fresh Red Chillies (seeded and sliced)
– 3 cloves garlic (sliced)
– 500g chicken breast (sliced)
– 1 Onion (sliced)
– 2 tblsp oyster sauce
– 1 tblsp fish sauce (available from Asain food shops alternatively use 2 tblsp soy sauce)
– 1 tblsp tamarind sauce
– 2 tsp brown sugar (or jaggary if available)
– 1/2 cup straw mushrooms (or tinned mushrooms if desperate)
– 1/2 cup bamboo shoots (strips)
– juice of 1/2 lime
– 6 bunches coriander (fresh)
Heat oil in wok, add chillies and garlic and fry until crisp and golden. Drain onto paper towels (but leave oil in the wok). Fry chicken and onion in oil until chicken is cooked. Add lime juice and vegetables.
Fry for about 2 minutes. Add sauce.